Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My mother has left her house to my brother, my sister and I

Customer Question

my mother has left her house to my brother, my sister and I strongly feel that morally we should have a right to an equal share in the property on her death, with the house being put up for sale and each of us given a third of the moneey, my brother, who is younger than us, has lived with his girlfriend permanently, she claims state benefits and has not disclosed she has a partner living with her (he works part-tim. my mother has not disclosed this fact to theauthorities and has told them her son still lives with her. how can my sister and I right this wrong as my mother refuses to chang her will and the daughters will be left dependant on the brothers charity on her death, ie if he decides to keep everything for himself? We live in Scotland.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

Why has your mother done this and is she of sound mind?