Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Advocate
Experience:  5 years experience working for a multi national in the UK
27487359

My daughter was 7 years old at the time of the accident, it

Customer Question

Hi my name is*****! My daughter was 7 years old at the time of the accident, it was 3 years ago. my partners stepbrother who is deceased now attacked my partner with a cup and stabbed him on the back of the neck with a broken cup, the bottom of the cup hit back and split my daughters eyebrow which needed stitches. When my partner took her to the hospital with police assistance i had a call from the surgeon from yorkhill hospital asking for my permission to operate immediately as my daughters cornea was hanging out her eye. Can i claim compensation and if so what company deals with it?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 months ago.

Let me see if I can help. With regard to injuries involving a child limitation does not commence until the child reached majority and then you have three years. That does not prevent you from advancing the claim now if the issue has resolved for her. I can not recommend a specific firm but there are lots locally to you dealing in personal injury who may assist on a no win no fee basis.

I attach details - http://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/

Please rate positive. Thanks

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you