JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

My name is ***** *****. past 40 plus years strip of land

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. For the past 40 plus years strip of land next to mine has been used by my family mainly to graze sheep. As you would expect we had to fence to ensure sheep did not stray. Q1 What entitlement do I have to owning this land?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A building company is likely to make claim on land
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If you don't have a title deed for the land you have no right of ownership at all. Nor does anyone else who doesn't have a valid title. The land is owned by the last title holder. Happy to discuss further.