Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Help with letter to take with me to investigation meeting

Customer Question

Help with letter to take with me to investigation meeting site manager has raised malicious grievence against me
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What help do you specifically require?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help with investigation meeting in work tomorrow site manager has put in malious grievence against me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok can you please provide more details of what has happened and what assistance you require with the investigation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently a site supervisor for cleaners at work. I work alsongside a site manager, his sister is a site secretory on another site. There has been problems in work, last week he was shouting at me so I called my boss to tell him what was going on. Since then the site manager has put a grievance in about me. previous to this in August there was another argument and the site manager bought his sister in to takes minutes. I have recently read the minutes and none of which is true. His sister is also apart of this investigation and I feel this is unfair on my behalf as the full truth will not be told.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have worked on this site for 16 months I am a friendly trustworthy person I work well with everyone we have had two site managers before this and have never had a problem with me The new site manager was recommended by his sister who are used to work on another site with and worked with her for two years I worked under three site managers and not one of them has a problem with me when the job came to an end my managers sister fell out with me over something stupid we never spoke again I went to my new job which has been great but ever since the manager brothhas started
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brother has startedhe has been negative towards me will not communicate with me shouts at me and now he will not talk to me
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Have you actually been asked to take in a letter with you explaining yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need some advice what to say at meeting because I find it unusual that a site manager has put in a grievence against me I have never had a warning off him or a disciplinary
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

It is not common to have to bring in a letter to an investigatory meeting so there is no point in having one drafted. An investigatory meeting is really something which is done verbally where you are asked questions about what has happened and there is a discussion between you and the investigating officer. If the employer has someone to take minutes and in the past these have not matched what has been said, you are free to take your own notes and if you disagree with what the employers version of events is then you can correct them and provide your own.

As far as the forthcoming meeting is concerned it could be difficult to prepare if you do not know exactly what the investigated issues would be. Often it is not possible to prepare for an investigatory because you have little details of what you have been accused of and things only become apparent once you start discussing them with the employer. Also remember that this is only an investigatory – you are not presumed guilty, it is just an opportunity to find out what has happened and decide if there is evidence to take it further. If there is then there will be a formal disciplinary and then you will get full details beforehand and have the opportunity to prepare and defend yourself. But this is just a fact-finding exercise so it is not really possible to tell you how to prepare – all you have to do is explain what has happened and answer any questions put to you about it – it is about telling the truth about how you perceived the events and just outing your side of the story forward. There is no secret to it or anything special that you have to do, that is all that is expected of you and the best you can do in the circumstances. You get more rights if it goes to disciplinary and can look at it in more detail there, for this meeting as mentioned you just have to turn up and answer questions and put your version of events forward.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.