JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I was questioned by te police in March 2015 regarding

Customer Question

I was questioned by te police in March 2015 regarding fraudulently inducing money from my ex partner by deception. (This was reported to the police following his arrest for domestic abuse) I was released without church pending further enquirers. I was
told I'd be contacted within a month or two at the most if they needed to speak to me again. I wasn't. My ex partner has intimated through solicitors twice that there is a report at the procurator fiscal about this alleged crime. Upon checking we found this
to be untrue. More recently he has intimated that the police tell him I'm going to be charged in the near future with a few crimes and undoubtedly face criminal prosecution. My question is would the police not have contacted me by now? Would they communicate
this information to my ex partner? And would they submit a report to the pf before charge?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. You would normally expect to have heard something further by now if they were taking this seriously, assuming there were no complex investigations to carry out. If your ex has had to go to the police to say that you are to be charged with other crimes that you know nothing about Insuspect he is mischief making. If you were about to be charged you would have been interviewed first of all in the normal course of events. I suggest you have your solicitor send a letter warning him off and to cease and desist from spreading allegations and rumours. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.