JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

My ex wife has moved into the ex marital home without my

My ex wife has moved into the ex marital home without my knowledge or consent, I fear this will cause confusion to my two children who I have residency of. Can I withhold contact on that basis and what is the process to get an emergency Child Welfare Hearing
to sort this out?
If there is a contact order you have to go back to the court to have that varied. If the court process is ongoing you have to proceed by way of motion to vary the court's order. If the action is finished and final decree has been issued you have to proceed by way of Minute of Variation. Either way your solicitor will know the correct procedure and th court should be asked on presentation of the papers to assign an early Child Welfare Hearing.