How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 10650
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife has moved into the ex marital home without my

This answer was rated:

My ex wife has moved into the ex marital home without my knowledge or consent, I fear this will cause confusion to my two children who I have residency of. Can I withhold contact on that basis and what is the process to get an emergency Child Welfare Hearing
to sort this out?
If there is a contact order you have to go back to the court to have that varied. If the court process is ongoing you have to proceed by way of motion to vary the court's order. If the action is finished and final decree has been issued you have to proceed by way of Minute of Variation. Either way your solicitor will know the correct procedure and th court should be asked on presentation of the papers to assign an early Child Welfare Hearing.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you