JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I appeared in court but wasn't charged or fined over the

Customer Question

I appeared in court but wasn't charged or fined over the matter, just had to pay the money back. Will this show up on a pvg?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland.
For you to have been brought before the court, there must have been a charge pending against you.
What was that charge, what were the circumstances and precisely what happened in court and what order did the court make?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was to do with income support, I had notified a change in circumstances but still received income support while I was working. I'm not sure what order the court made, but I do know that I wasn't found guilty or fined. I just had to pay back the over payment
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If you weren't found guilty then there is no conviction and therefore no conviction will show on a PVG.