Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My friend has been blocked by accessing his land due to

Customer Question

Hi, my friend has been blocked by accessing his land due to a recent property development. the ground in front of his land is now held in common by the resident of the new estates. the developer also built a large fence round his ground which he has had access to for over 20 year. he want to build a vehicular access into his ground over this 2m strip of land as it falls sharply and he requires a hip replacement. Is he able to establish his right to access his ground?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I need to see a lot more about the titles. Do you have the title numbers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can get them for you. In principle my friend has by prescription used that land for over 20 years.
Craig
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
It sounds that he might want to get a court order declaring he has a right of access but let me see the relevant titles.