JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

My query concerns how to appeal against a Sheriff Court

Customer Question

Hello. My query concerns how to appeal against a Sheriff Court Judgement. A Entry Warrant was granted to Scottish Borders council for my rental property in Scotland despite the fact that I provided counter evidence from an independent dry rot specialist that states that there is no dry rot in my property. I wish to appeal against the dicision. How do I go about doing this?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
if this was a judgment following a court hearing then you appeal to the Sheriff Principal by marking an appeal within 14 days of the final judgment of the sheriff.
If, however, as I suspect, this is an application that was granted as a summary warrant, then there is no formal appeal as such and you have to apply to the court to suspend the warrant and interdict further action. This is a complex type of application and would need solicitor involvement.
Happy to discuss further.