JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Under Scottish Law is it permissible to make a voice recording

Customer Question

Under Scottish Law is it permissible to make a voice recording on a digital recorder foe personal use as an aid to physical notes or, for example shorthand. And if so is it required to inform the Meeting. The Meeting in question would be a Board Meeting of a Company of which I am a Director. The recording would be to check what is recorded in Minutes.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
There is no law to prevent the recording of a meeting as a personal aide memoire. It would be usual to inform the meeting but there is no general law that requires this. It would be for the meeting to decide any sanctions for a covert recording of a private meeting without permission.
I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.