JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I am in dispute with my estranged wife over the division of

I am in dispute with my estranged wife over the division of the matrimonial assets. the solicitors involved seem to wish to draw this out as long as possible.It is becoming to expensive for me to pursue. If I simply dispensed with my solicitor and stopped replying to her solicitors what would happen to the assets (mainly the house)?
Thank you for your question.

Probably they would advise your wife to raise a divorce action in the court with ancillary applications for division or sale or transfer of matrimonial property. That would mean you would have to go back to your solicitor and further costs would be incurred.

I do sympathise with you as some solicitors do seem to draw the financial side out. If you have made a full disclosure and the assets and liabilities are agreed, the division should be fairly straightforward. If you are in a position to make an offer then make it and make it clear that you will seek expenses of any court proceedings in the event that they do not start negotiating in a reasonable manner with due regard to economy.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.