JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Dear sirs, we acquired a office property and it was mainly

Dear sirs,

we acquired a office property and it was mainly residential with a few commercial units on the ground floor . 106 residential and 8 commercial units approx. We asked the solicitors if the unit came with any parking in the titlkes and we were told no . thereafter we inquired with the owners committee who informed it comes with two parking bays and also checked the plan and gave us the two numbers . We nitoced someone was using our parking bays and after a few weeks wrote out a polite note and put it on the windscreen . Several weeks later noticed that they have now put up the metal fold down vertical post . Inhibiting us from using the bays. We were going to have the black smith weld a chain and lock but they beat us to it . It seems that the unit was empty for a period of time someone has started to use the bays and now put up a metal pole preventing anyone from using it . It is locked with a padlock . Perhaps you can advise . Perhaps you advise .
Thank you for your question.

If the titles allocate the parking spaces then you can take steps to stop these people using the spaces, in court if necessary.

If the spaces are not formally allocated then in the absence of a formal contract between all proprietors no one has an allocated space and all the spaces are owned in common. No one proprietor can lock off a parking space.

Ask your lawyer to look at the title again.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.