JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I have discovered a leak from my shower 21 months after it

I have discovered a leak from my shower 21 months after it was installed. The builder responsible for the work says that the work is warranted for one year only but I have heard that 'general law' allows 6 years as long as it is clearly a problem caused by the installation. In fact an independent plumber has signed a report that says the faulty connection has been slowly leaking since installation. But I wonder whether this 'general law' about 6 years still applies in Scotland.
Thank you for your question.

The time limit for raising a breach of contract claim in Scotland is five years. It is six in England.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.