JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  28 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Can social workers insist upon a visit even when I have answered

Can social workers insist upon a visit even when I have answered all their questions several times, they admit they are satisfied my child is safe but want more visits. Do I have to oblige?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.

Unless there is a supervision order or some other official order you don't have to.

Happy to discuss any further specific points.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I don't have a supervision order or anything. there is a GIRFEC in place. However my son was put in hospital by his dad, which is why the GIRFEC took place. his dad has now fled the country and I have picked up the pieces of my son's anger etc. On first visit SW saw my son angry etc and now, 2 more visits show he is safe and well. Health visitors are also involved and both SW and HV expect things of me I cannot deliver - eg when i follow recommendations gien by SW it conflicts with HVisitor and they then write that I am emotionally damaging my son. Im damned if i do and damned if I dont.

Currently i feel it is best to enforce that my son is safe and well in my care - which they all agree on and refuse to entertain their unacchievable (and conflicting) requests.

Am i still entitled to no entry or visits? Is a GIRFEC a supervision order? i thought it was on a voluntary basis.

Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.
GIRFEC is supposed to be a framework to help coordinate children's services. It is not a supervision order. If the coordination service is failing to coordinate as between SW and HV then you have cause for complaint and should write to both organisations stressing that the reason for their involvement to start with is no longer in the country and that you no longer require their assistance which unfortunately is conflicting with your care of your child and state the reasons for that.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 28 years as a practising solicitor.