JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I have received a conditional offer of employment as a trainee

I have received a conditional offer of employment as a trainee train driver in Scotland. I was convicted of drink driving (DR10) 13 years ago so now have a clean licence. The company I have applied for are now asking for a Disclosure check. Im concerned that this will impact my offer. The company are based in England but the job is in Scotland. I have an Enhanced CRB check which is completely blank but if they ask for an enhanced disclosure Scotland check then will this show?
Thank you for your question.

It can't be guaranteed but if you have a clean enhanced CRB on an RTA offence it's likely that an enhanced Disclosure Scotland will be clear especially after 13 years when more and more computer systems are updated and more and more older records are deleted.

However, I have to tell you that sometimes it does appear to be luck of the draw and I can't say 100% that it won't show up. It becomes less likely as time passes.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed that Disclosure Scotlnd are at the same point as CRB and my checks will come back clear. I feel I have a better understanding of the system now and feel a bit better about the results of the checks but fully understand that this may still show. I will ensure a top rating is provided. Thanks.