JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I have a couple of minor convictions that resulted in small

I have a couple of minor convictions that resulted in small fines in Scottish courts about 32 years ago when I was around 17 years old - if I apply now for a police certificate APCO is it likely these will show up on the certificate or could they have been deleted as part of a weeding policy in the past and won't show up?

Are you able to give me a 100% guarantee answer to this?
Thank you for your question.

It is highly unlikely that these minor offences from so long ago will still show up. They will either have been weeded out as you say or alternatively just been removed when the various databases are computerised and updated as time goes on.

However, neither I nor anyone else advising you can give a 100% guarantee as we do see ancient crimes popping up from time to time. I think the percentage chances of them turning up are about 5-10%.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.