JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I have had my mobile number for approx. 30 years! I was a distributor

I have had my mobile number for approx. 30 years! I was a distributor for company A and joined them as employee in 2002. In 2009 company B took over company A. I retire on 30 September. They say they bought my phone number as part of the deal (£94 million) when they acquired A!
My answer was it was not A's to sell! How strong or week is my case to keep this long held number?
Thank you for your question.

You have a strong case if the number was acquired by you initially and not your then employer. You can argue that the number was lent to the company for use by you on business.

Can you not just go out and get a phone contract in your own name and PUK code it to the new account and then hand back the handset to your employer?

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please remember to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Sorry PAC code not PUK code.