JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  28 years as a practising solicitor.

Are there public records of all court orders made in scotland? If

Are there public records of all court orders made in scotland?

If so, how would I go about finding a copy of a court order to remove documents from the public register at companies house?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.

Court orders are kept with the court processes to which they relate. There is no central source.

You would need the name of the case, the year and the court the case was heard in. The case reference number would also be helpful but the clerk of court can search without it if necessary.

You contact the clerk of the court concerned with as much information as you have and hopefully they would be able to find the order you're looking for.

If it related to Companies House, they may also have a copy in the file of the company concerned.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 28 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks JGM.

Been in contact with companies house. The records have been destroyed.

I'm going to need to do some research. I have the name of the company and year. If it relates to companies house would the name of the case be Company Name v Companies House?

What courts in Scotland would I need to approach?

Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.
Not necessarily it could be some kind of action of declarator between individuals. You need to know the parties to the action or at least the pursuing party. The courts have an index of pursuers of actions. You would have to go to the court most likely to have jurisdiction in the particular case which could be the court covering the company's address for example or the address of one of the parties to the action, more usually the defending party.
JGM, Solicitor