JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

My next door neighbour has been saying terrible things about

My next door neighbour has been saying terrible things about me to people I know. Accusing me of being a pest by looking in her window,knocking on her door during the night and all unsocial hours, and that she has friends who can be very violent to me. What can I do about her? I am a man living alone, she does also. The people she has said these things to are prepared to give statements. The Police were never called when I was supposed to be this Creepy, Pest that she is having me made out to be.
Thank you for your question.

Get your solicitor to write to her demanding that she immediately desist from this behaviour failing which you will raise proceedings for defamation and damages. The letter, if worded strongly enough, is usually enough to warn a person like this off.

A letter like this is called a cease and desist letter.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.