JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

We have set up business that is eligible for various different

We have set up business that is eligible for various different grants.we have employed a consultant to help apply for them as we dont have the time,but think we are being ripped off. Is there a legal % of grant that she can take?
It doesn't feel correct that we are being given charitable grants and a consultant is taking approx 1/3 of it in fees.
Would love to know if there are any guidelines regarding this,

JGM : Thank you for your question.The is no law or regulation on how much a consultant can charge a private company. The amount of remuneration would be regulated by the contract you have with that person. If the contract says that they are to get a third, then what were the circumstances that led to the contract being entered into at the time? If you have agreed to a third then you are going have to try to renegotiate. I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM : Happy to discuss further.