JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

i am a fiar ishare with the liferent he only pays a share

i am a fiar ishare with the liferent he only pays a share of the bills when and how much he feels like can i have him evicted
Thank you for your question.

No a liferenter is not a tenant. You can't evict a liferenter who is entitled to live in the house for life.

There is also no obligation on the liferenter to pay any bills. He is entitled to live in the house rent free and make use of the property. If he stayed there on his own he would have to pay the bills as ther would be no one else to pay them. However, unusually, you as the fiar are also staying there. The liferenter could in fact ask you to leave the property as he is entitled to vacant possession for life.

Sorry this won't be what you want to hear but that is the law as it relates to liferent and fee.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as fiar would i be entitled to a council house

You may well be if the liferenter tells you to leave the house as you would then technically be homeless.