JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  28 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

i just been told i will be formally charged with assault on

i just been told i will be formally charged with assault on 2, 12 year old boys after an incident in the local cinema (they were throwing things at us) so i went upto them and shouted at them to stop it, and they went to go back to my seat and then i decided to get them thrown out of the hall (they then refused to go when they were asked, and the next thing i knew the police were there, pulling the wrong man out of the cinema because he had been ID by them, when i saw the police i went up to them and told them what happened, they took my details and said enjoy the rest of the film, now ive heard from the officer handling the case that it will be going to the PF and that he will write the report in a way that says he thinks the 2 boys are lying about what happened.

I should point out the boys are saying i grabbed their throat and were really scared.

My question is what could happen to me?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

If the police indicate in your report that they think e boys are lying I can almost guarantee that the PF will take this no further. You mentioned that "they were throwing things at us" so I presume you have a witness who can speak to your version of events.

I doubt this will go any further and I think the police would probably tell you the same.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 28 years as a practising solicitor.