JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

MY HUSBAND HAD A BUSINESS UNTIL RECENTLY

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND HAD A BUSINESS UNTIL RECENTLY WHEN RECESSION TOOK ITS TOLE. ONE SUPPLIER HAD GOODS TO COLLECT DUE TO GOODS BEING DEFECTIVE AND WHAT THEIR POLICY WAS THAT THEY MADE NEW REPLACEMENTS AND THEN INVOICE OUR ACCOUNT AND WHEN GOODS WERE CHANGED OVER THEY WOULD BE RETURNED TO COMPANY. HOWEVER, THIS SAID COMPANY HAS TAKEN MY HUSBAND TO COURT FOR 1374 PLUS EXPENSES. THE ORIGINAL CCJ CAME IN AND WE FILLED IN THE ADMISSIONS FORM AND ALSO STATED THAT GOODS WERE TO BE RETURNED BUT THE NEXT LETTER WE GOT WAS STATING THAT THEY WERE PROCEEDING WITH COURT ACTION. SHERRIFF OFFICERS HAVE ATTENDED THE PROPERTY WITH A CHARGE FOR PAYMENT OF MONEY. IS IT TOO LATE TO MAKE A PAYMENT OFFER OR WILL I NEED TO FIND THE FULL PAYMENT WITHN 14 DAYS.?

Submitted: 3 years ago via InBrief.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Once a charge is served you have 14 days to make payment. However you can apply to het tome to pay within that 14 days and apply for a time to pay order. You should have applied for a time to pay direction at the time. It is not too late to do so now, however, so you should see your solicitor about this immediately.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.