JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I got stopped for kerb crawling, but the police let me go and

Customer Question

I got stopped for kerb crawling, but the police let me go and basicly just warned me not to return to the area, will this appear on a records check? will i ahve to go to court how will i know?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Unless they took you to the police station and issued a formal caution this will not appear on any records check. If they did it would appear on an enhanced check only.

From your narrative it sounds like they simply moved you on. If that is the case it's unlikely to appear on any records check.

The answer to the last part of your question is that you won't know as you can't apply for a standard or enhanced check. You can apply for a basic disclosure in your own name but frankly I wouldn't worry about it. The police have better things to do than report an instance of kerb crawling.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if I can assist you further. Otherwise I would be grateful if you would leave positive feedback on the system so that I am credited for my time.