JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I am applying for confirmation for my fathers estate. There

I am applying for confirmation for my father's estate. There are four executors named in the will. Do all the executors have to be named on the confirmation document when it is issued, or is it possible to have only myself named? Some banks have indicated they need forms signed by all executors named on the confirmation, which will make the ingathering very inconvenient.
Thank you for your question.

Page 2, question 2 of the Form C-1 should name all executors in the order they appear in the will, ie,

"That I am Executor Nominate of the deceased together with B, residing at , C, residing at and D residing at conform to the will of the deceased dated who formerly resided at (address). Said will is produced herewith, docquetted and signed as relative hereto."

Some banks do insist that all executors sign the withdrawal forms. Others don't. Unfortunately you are the behest of the bank but you do have to apply for confirmation in the name of all executors unless the total estate is very small, usually below £15000.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.