JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

Have received a recorded letter today from my ex husbands solicitor: The

Have received a recorded letter today from my ex husbands solicitor: The sheriff, it being intimated by letter that the agent for the defender no longer acts for her, appoints the purser to for with serve on me a copy of this interlocutor and notice in form G10 and appoints the said me to appear in court on the 15th of July 2013, under certification that if she fails to do so decree may be granted against her, appoints the pursuer to lodge in process a certificate of service. I informed my solicitor I did not want him to act on my behalf and informed my ex husbands solicitor in writing that he was no acting on my behalf and all correspondence was to come to. I then receive this court order. I could not afford to carry on with my solicitor.

Thank you for your question.

Where a solicitor withdraws from acting a g10 is always served on the party and a hearing fixed. You'll have to attend court on the date given and tell the court you'll be representing yourself in the future.

The way you go about dealing withe case depends on what kind of action it is and I will be happy to help further if you provide that information as well as a note of what stage the case is at.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.