JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I applied for Criminal Injuries compensation but was refused

I applied for Criminal Injuries compensation but was refused as they stated that the police did not mark it as a crime.

I was severly assaulted which has resulted in me being left with a limp due to a severe fracture of the heel.

When I was assaulted the Police were contacted and arrived but due to requiring medical treatment was taken to hospital and the Police advised that they would attend hospital the next day to take a statement.

I did want them charged with assault but believed that the police were following the usual enquiries and I did not know the attackers or was I able to give a discription
Is it worthwhile requesting a review?
Thank you for your question.

Yes it is, quite definitely. Your duty was to report the crime. Whether the police followed it up afterwards is not within your control. Criminal injuries can be refused if you haven't reported the crime but in your case you should not be prejudiced as it appears that a report was made but the police didn't follow it up.

You may also want to make some enquiries of the police about this yourself.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.