JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I had an air source heating system installed

I had an air source heating system installed and paid over £6k for it. it included a 2-year guarantee. 6 weeks ago I contacted the installer to say that one of the four heating units installed was not working. I have phoned and emailed several times, and to date they have done nothing whatsoever. They don't seem to have a CEO that I can contact directly. Their name isXXXXX and they are based in Linwood, Renfrewshire. They subcontracted the installation, havng proactively sold themselves to me with a very good salesman. I now realise that if I had contacted the subcontractor, or similar firm, directly, I would have paid in the region of £2.5K less. They claimed the additional cost was partly attirbutable to fabby guarantee they gave. So this is particularly galling. What, if anything, else can I do? Pleading to their better nature, ie one reasonable person to another type approach, is not working. Yours sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have received no answer yet, but would like to wait longer if one might be forthcoming. Thank you for checking. Obviously if I receive no answer I would like not to be charged though!

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

I have been asked to look at this for you.

Where are you based? How much will it cost to fix if you get someone else to do it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live near Newton Stewart, south west Scotland. I have been quoted £40 call out fee plus £40 per hour. Given that I live about 100 miles (i.e. +2 hours travel) from the nearest technician I've been able to identify who might come to see IF they can fix it, it would probably cost about £300 minimum including travelling time and that's just to check it out initially. I'm not clear on your thinking though, I want to bind the installer to their guarantee. Thank you for your time though and please let me know what other info I can give which would help.

Thanks. I need to transfer this to Scottish law.
Thank you for your question.

The directors of this company are John Henry Conway who is described as operations director and Michael Richard Fennell who is described as sales and marketing director.

I don't know if you have had contact with either of these but they are responsible for the running of this company.

The companies accounts and annual return have both been lodged recently so there appears to be no underlying problem with the company. If they don't respond to you, your remedy is to get the work done elsewhere and then raise court proceedings against them for breach of contract under the guarantee.

Your solicitor should be instructed to write to them in the first instance, I would suggest.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.