JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Worried while very drunk my friend was walking with a night

Worried while very drunk my friend was walking with a night worker. Although not caught in the act, my friends worried about CCTV and being traced through being filmed withdrawing money on the cash machine.
Thank you for your question.

The police do not go through CCTV footage to catch night workers and their clients. They don't have time or the resources. Plus it's unlikely that there would be a sufficiently of evidence to maintain a conviction.

He can put it down to experience. There's no crime in walking with someone or taking money out a machine.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you in Scotland? How easy is it for the police to get details from the ATM?
Yes I am.

The police have no automatic right to bank records and will certainly not seek a warrant for this kind of thing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I thought this kind of think was a big deal in Scotland. One final question. We're away on hoilday in a few days, and my mate is very worried. When would the police show up and talk to him if they were going to? The hoilday is at stake here. Is it big hassle for the police to get a warrent?
You've great!
The police won't show up. Unless he was caught at the time he has got away with it and can forget about it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So it's not worth there while getting a warrent? Thanks.Would it make a difference if he gave her money at the cash machine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.Sorry I'm sure your answers was fine. No need to answer enjoy your weekend.
No because the police will not be investigating this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I didn't want to open up another question, but I will pay for this answer separately. My friend tells me that when telling the lady he didn't want her services, she got on her phone, my friend suspected the police, and said my friend had committed a crime against her. My friend panicked and told her that he'd take her up on her services, the lady told the person at the other end of the phone she didn't need them anymore, or words to that effect. That's why he was at the cash machine with her. He's worried that the phone call will put more scrutiny on the CCTV pictures. Should he be worried? He also woke finding his cash card missing and money missing from his account. My friend was so scared he didn't take the services.
What happened to the card and his money?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Probably taken by the lady.
That is a usual ploy by a prostitute, pretending to call the police or a friend. Tell your friend to forget it. He is going through a guilt trip. Tell him to put it down to experience, get a new cash card and not be so stupid next time. He has clearly given a girl money. You don't say if he actually did the deed with her but I think he is wasting his time worrying about being arrested. It won't happen and the authorities have better things to do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well he lost a lot there was £500 missing from his account. No he was to scared to do anything. Would the police take the "I don't need you now" after she had phoned them.
Don't understand our question, nor how he managed to lose £500 from his account which exceeds most auto teller limits. I think he has to work out for himself what happened here. The money didn't just go missing......
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well he thinks the lady got his pin.Would the police ignore the call because she said she didn't need them anymore?
So:

1. He was drunk,

2. He got in tow with a prostitute.

3. He went to a cash machine to pay her.

4. She clocked his pin.

5. She stole his card.

6. She robbed him.

7. Nothing unusual but he won't get prosecuted.

8. He's been stupid but it won't be an end of life experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He's in a bad way he's not been out of the house since it happened. He's really worried about the phone call.A mutual friend says if the police don't show up in four months. He should be ok.
Rubbish. He'll hear no more about it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do you know if the police are trying to find you. My friend is away from home, and is worried they're wanting to talk him. Do they leave a card?
Generally they leave a card through your door asking you to contact them.