JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

A burdon on title reads:- Disposition by James Gardner and

A burdon on title reads:- Disposition by James Gardner and others to Margaret Logan and another and their assignees, disponees and executors, registered 12 Mar 2004 of part of lands of Blacktongue and the former North Mondland Railway at Greengairs of which the subjects in this Title form part, contains the following burdens (One) There is a reserved to us and our successors as propietors of the remainder of Blacktongue and the former North Monkland Railway heritable and irredeemable servitude right of access and egress of Blacktongue Farm Road for all purposes; and (Two) there is also reserved to us and our said successors heritable and irredeemable servictude rights of wayleave for all services through the subjects hereby disponed and requisite access to install, inspect, maintain, repair and if necessary renew all said services, subjects to us and our said successors making good any damage thereby occasioned, failing which paying full compensation to our said Disponees and their foresaids. Can you please explain in layman's terms. Thank you
Thank you for your question.

It means that the original and subsequent owners of the land have a right of access along Blacktongue Farm Road. They also have a right to lay and maintain services such as gas, electric and telecoms under the ground conveyed as long as they reinstate or compensate for any damage.

That's it in a nutshell. Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.