JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

my daughter is 14, me and her mum stay 100 yards from each

my daughter is 14, me and her mum stay 100 yards from each other,but daughter wants to stay with me. her mum has a man moving in her house in july and daughter not to keen as they argue a lot.i work dayshift / backshift and on my own and able to support her. went to citizin advice they were not sure. i start work at 6 on dayshift and finish at 10 when backshift. i work at school she goes to would just like some advice if i should get a lawyer involved
Thank you for your question.

As your daughter is over 12 she can make up her own mind where she wants to stay. This is under the Children (Scotland) Act 1995.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.