JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

Following the sad death of my father, I discovered some issues

Customer Question

Following the sad death of my father, I discovered some issues with which I felt very uncomfortable concerning my dad's will. It was made in hospital whilst my dad was cognitively impaired. The paralegal felt it to be ok to allow my mum to prompt. I have no wish to cause family upset, but have been denied access to the will. My (only) brother has been given access, and has also been helping my mum sort out finances. I found out yesterday that my brother has been given,as one example, my dad's computer. It is still at the family home, but has been passworded by my brother, with access denied to me; even to use Internet to seek answers to mums' I questions. Do I have a legal entitlement to access a copy of the will - particularly without upsetting my mother further?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.