JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Hi,I have a contract with Streamline to provide me with

I have a contract with Streamline to provide me with a mobile card terminal. I am 8 months into a 36 month contract. I got it for a start up buisness but I have found that firstly, the business has only now started to pick up and secondly, people prefer to pay via PayPal so they don't need to give me their card details. From the start of the contract in Oct, I have only put £100 through the card terminal. I am looking to see if there is any way I can get out of the contract. The cancellation policy states I can only cancel after the 36 months unless you get into arrears with the company. I don't have the money to keep paying them money for the next 28 months for a service I'm not using.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am happy to continue to wait for an answer - thanks!

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Thank you for your question.

This is governed by the contract you signed. Accordingly have you read th tmination provisions? What do they say about termination by the customer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They say that I can only terminate to contact at the end of the 36 months or by the company if the customer fails to pay the monthly rental costs.

If that is the case, and if there is nothing else in the contract conditions which might help you, then you are stuck with this for the contactual 36 months.

However, I have a look on line at the Streamline terms and conditions which appear to say:

"14. TERM AND TERMINATION
14.1 The Contract shall commence upon the date on which We notify You in writing that We have accepted Your application for the provision of the Services by Us and, subject to earlier termination pursuant to clause 14.2 and 14.4, shall continue in force until terminated, either by You providing 30 days notice to Us, or by Us providing 60 days notice to You to that effect (any such notice to be given by either Party in accordance with clause 28)."

This clause also appears as clause 19 in older terms and conditions. It may be that this is not part of your contract but it is certainly part of the conditions I have read online.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.