JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I recently took my ex-landlords to the small claims court in

I recently took my ex-landlords to the small claims court in Scotland regarding tenancy fees. On the day the landlords didn't show up and I was granted decree. I aslo had to take that day off work at a loss of £120 in wages and was unsure as to whether I could claim this back and didn't mention it to the Sheriff.
I am currently contemplating seeking around £250 that they took off our deposit.
Would I be able to seek the lost wages at the same time and would I be likely to get anything for lost wages?
Thank you for your question.

You can't claim for lost wages for turning up at court for your own case I'm afraid. You can ask for judicial expenses in addition to the principal sum sued for and I presume you asked for and were granted expenses in your case.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank's for you're response. Am I unable to claim the defender didn't show up? If they hadn't intended to show then they could have informed me and we could have settled out of court.
No, you can't claim wage loss even where they don't turn up. Just judicial expenses.