JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

Hi I was caught speeding at just over 100MPH on a motorway

I was caught speeding at just over 100MPH on a motorway dry conditions little traffic . Police pulled me over said I was speeding as it was over 100MPH at 100.1mph they could not issue me with a fixed penalty ticket and I would probably have to attend court. 1st time offence clean license for 15 years and will plead guilty to the charge.

What penalty am i likely to get ?
Thank you for your question.

What date, what time of day, what motorway and what is your car and your reason for travelling at that speed?

What is your occupation, salary, financial obligations, family circumstances, reason for needing to keep driving licence, if any?

Any court needs as much information as possible when assessing what sentence to pass on you and in assessing whether to disqualify you from driving.

Let me know and I will try to help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Further information below

date was 7/5/13 time of day around 18.00 on the M90 after Kinross driving a company car BMW 318i no reason for traveling at speed .

Occupation is IT Sales consultant , Salary £25k , financial obligations of mortgage and Currently engaged and getting married this year nov13 saving to pay wedding etc etc . Car is required for work everyday visiting clients and essential to my emploment.

You are lucky in that you are not too far above 100mph.

If I was the sheriff you would be fined £400 and have 6 points imposed on your licence.