JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I am searching for a copy of the Scottish statute law on Fraud

I am searching for a copy of the Scottish statute law on Fraud and Kindred Offences for offences committed prior to the current 2006 Act. The case I am researching dates back to 1995. The UK database doesn't hold this information, does anywhere online or in Australia have this kind of information?
Thank you for your question.

The reason you can't find any Scottish statute law relating to fraud is that it doesn't exist. In Scotland, fraud is a common law offence. The Fraud Act 2006 applies only to England and Wales, not Scotland.

Scotland has never had a statutory basis for the law of fraud.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou so much for your time. Is there any official website that I can look at to get this in writing?

There is no official website as such but I have a had a quick surf for you and you could look here for confirmation of a list of common law offences in Scotland, including fraud:

For an authoritative textbook on Scots Criminal law including fraud you should look at Gordon's Criminal Law of Scotland. Written some time ago it is still the main authority on the subject.

I hope this helps. Please leave positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.