JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

If someone file a divorce with the photoscopy of the Married

If someone file a divorce with the photoscopy of the Married Certificate and not with the original one, what could happend if this matter arise just when the solicitors had signed the joint agreement to finalised the process to get the divorce decree. Will be possible to revert the process? What do you suggest?
Thank you for your question.

If the court allowed the action to be started using a copy of the marriage certificate, then it will allow the copy to be used in the process rather than the original.

Usually a reason has to be given for using a photocopy, typically that the certificate is a foreign one and the original can't be got easily.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If they did not give a reason to the Court when they started the process and they want to do it now you think the Judge will allow to continue the divorce process or it will be a delay.

They should never have been granted a warrant to raise the proceedings in that case.

However, as they have, as long as the court is told of the reason for a photocopy it should not delay matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your explanation.

You are welcome.