Ask a Scots Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
I am happy to wait until the end of the working day. If I can’t get a satisfactory answer by then please cancel this question and refund my money.
thanks for getting back to me.
1. the land is a gift.
2. yes we will need a mortgage to build the house.
3. yes we have recently been granted planning permission.
4. the way the land is split the access will be shared on the boundary between the 2 property's.
5. there are no conditions imposed by the lender.
some additional information which will help
1. the electricity supply / phones for my parents house will run through our land
2. the waste for our new house will run across there land with a soakaway at the end.
3. it is a private water supply of which, the bore hole and pump is located on my parents land and filters and other equipment including the electricity supply will be located on our land.
hope this helps
Once again thanks for your speedy response. If you could just clarify something for me - your estimate of fees, was this including or excluding the following:
1. Registration dues of Disposition
2. Registration dues of Deed of Restriction
3. Registration dues of Servitudes
4. Dues of Form 10/12 Report
Could you possibly give me a plain English explanation of what each one of these items are and if indeed they are required? Is there anything else that a solicitor should include which isn't listed above?
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).