JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BANKRUPTCY IN UK AND SCOTHLANDWHICH

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BANKRUPTCY IN UK AND SCOTHLANDWHICH IS EASIER AND LESS PUBLIC.

ARE THE RULES THE SAME OTHER ONE IS AIB THHE OTHER COURT

THANK YOU TOM
Thank you for your question.

A debtor application in Scotland can be made directly to the accountant in bankruptcy at www.aib.gov.uk. The application need not go to court.

To that extent the procedure is private although your name would appear on the Register of Insolvencies for Scotland which is a public register as well as the Register of Inhibitions and Adjudications.

However, it is not common for members of the public to surf these registers in the normal course. It is used by lawyers, banks, credit agencies etc.

There is no public intimation in the normal sense.

I'm sorry I can't advise you on the English procedures as that is outwith my expertise.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i need to know what is the differance between uk and scottish bankruptcy if any sorry if my queston was not clear.

tom

I will have to opt out. Experts on this site are either Scots law or English law. There are none that I am aware of that can answer your question as the are none that I am aware of dual qualified in bankruptcy law in both jurisdictions.