Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Customer Question

in Scots law today can a buyer withdraw an offer on a house once it is made or is the verbal offer through the solicitor a binding contract ? The offer is not yet accepted. If it is accepted can the buyer still withdraw? Is verbal enough? We are concerned about the wording of part of the surveyor's report plus have now discovered a discrepancy in the price in the apartment block where the flat was for sale. A bigger flat in very good condition with a noticeably bigger living room /kitchen/bathroom and more storage space had a fixed asking price £ 12,000 less than the bid I had to make in the offers over system and the flat I bid for is much smaller and has very little storage .Where do we stand legally?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!