JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I am divorced from my former wife and have remarried. I live

I am divorced from my former wife and have remarried. I live in England, my former wife moved back to Scotland after our divorce. I have been paying for my children while they are at universty and now the oldest is 21 and about to graduate from Aberdeen. She is about to go to Edinburgh university to do The Diploma in Legal Practice (PEAT) Do I have to continue to pay her alimony?
Thank you for your question.

Yes. You have a duty to aliment her whilst she is reasonably and appropriately undergoing full time education or training.

As the Diploma in Legal Practice is necessary to qualify as a solicitor it is a reasonable and appropriate course for her to do.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.