JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  28 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I have a document which has been prepared for England . I require

I have a document which has been prepared for England . I require it to be amended for the Scottish market .
The document is self explanatory .
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

The document is fine for Scotland as well except the words "commissioner for oaths" should be deleted and the words "notary public" inserted instead.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 28 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear JGM,

i sent over a document which was a will and wished that ypou check to see if it appropriate for Scotland .

Please confirm that you receive it okay .

At your service ,

Rizy Mohammed

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Will check for document and revert to you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
The document is generally suitable subject to amendment of the reference to English law. Also in Scotland guardianship provisions would apply only to children under 16 years of age.

The legislation cited in clause 8 is irrelevant to Scots law and should be deleted.

I have no knowledge of Sharia law. In Scots law it is customary to have named beneficiaries, however, if Sharia law has a particular method of distribution then that will be fine as long as your executors have the ability to deal with that.

Hope this helps. Please leave positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor