JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

We are hoping to reserve a new build property but the release

Customer Question

We are hoping to reserve a new build property but the release date has came about a month too early for me to get a mortgage in principle. Can my uncle agree the mortgage in principle so we can get the missives concluded and then transfer them to me when I am in a position to get the mortgage. If it is a case it would be the solicitors fee's to pay then I am happy with that. Any help would be beneficial.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You would have to check whether the missives with the builder allow assignation.

Some builders will not permit assignation of the missives from one party to another. Others will.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.