Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Customer Question

My partner and I own a property in Scotland and we are up to date on the mortgage, we also own a property in Cyprus which we are struggling to make payments on but to date haven't missed a monthly mortgage payment. I'm currently in a protected trust deed but my partner is not.

We are about to move to England for new jobs, we want to sell the property in Scotland or rent it out. What happens if we default on the Cyprus mortgage, can they pursue us both or because I'm in a protected, would my partner be liable? if they try to seize assets, what can they seize?

The property in Scotland is valued at the exact same as the outstanding mortgage, if they want to seize it, that would not be a problem.

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I'm happy to wait a little longer

If you cancel, is my few refunded?
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. If you cancel your question you can leave your deposit in your account to be credited against future payments or you can ask for a refund. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!