JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

My employer is applying for a visa for me (L1-B), for the US.

Customer Question

My employer is applying for a visa for me (L1-B), for the US. When I was around 18 I, extremely stupidly, punched a girl and threw milkshake on her car. My problem is I can't actually remember what the outcome was of the case. I do remember that she tried to claim I hit her with a glass, which I most certainly did not, so my solicitor said to plead not guilt which I did, and I went to court.I think I got a 6 month suspended sentence and was admonished.How can I find out?Assume I must declare?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Yes you do have to declare. It probably won't affect you other than you might have to go to the US embassy for interview before they grant the visa but you do have to declare it on the form.

You can ask Disclosure Scotland for a basic disclosure. That will show up any convictions. Follow this link:

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.