Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Customer Question

after a court hearin g in scotland for speeding i get a final sentance. the letter states "the sentence imposed was dicounted in terms of section 196 of the criminal procedure (scotland) act 1995 and would otherwise have been 5 penalty points ED20-DVLA" cannot find any referance to the affence code ED20 i am contesting the outcome as the fine is well over the top for speeding as originaly it was a fixed penalty of £60 and 3 points that when i tried to pay they would not except saying i had 9 points on licence and was sent to court which i attended at costs due to living in leicester midlands i fanaly proved that i had not got 9 points and the final sentance was 4 points and £250 fine the trips to court were into the £800 with loss of work and traveling.. i have apeal paperwork and all my evidance (i was not at court at final sentencing on tues 2/4/2013

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have now employed legal assistance and wish to cancel and have my money refunded thank you