JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

i was caught fighting on cctv cmera in Aberdeen. I have been

i was caught fighting on cctv cmera in Aberdeen. I have been charged with assault to injure. I was asked for a statement at the site but was not interviewed at the police station. I pleaded not guilty and was given bail. I have just recieved a letter telling me. "If a notice is not served by you . Under section283 (2) criminal procedure (Scotland)at 1995 Not more than 7 days after the date of service of this certificate the evidence3 contained in the certificate shall be sufficent evidence of the facts contained in the certificate" What does this mean and what should I do about this.
Thank you for your question.

There will be details of certain facts that they want you to agree. They serve a certificate saying basically that if you don't serve a counter notice within 7 days the facts will be taken as being proved without any need to lead evidence.

The evidence may be just formal, for example that the CCTV evidence is that taken from the camera on a particular date but you have to read the papers carefully, or give them to your lawyer, so as to decide whether a counter notice should be served disputing the evidence.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.