JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

Is possible to delay or stop a divorce process when you are

Is possible to delay or stop a divorce process when you are in twenty days for the proof hearing?
Thank you for your question.

You can apply to the court to have the proceedings adjourned or sisted, but you need to show cause as to why you are making such an application. The court would require a very good reason.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your explanation. Now I need to find out what reason to use for.

You are welcome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you tell me please what kind of reasons I could apply?

If a vital witness was not available. If you were taken ill. If further information has come to light that was not available before and could not have reasonable been available at the time. The are several reasons but you can't make the reasons up. They have to be genuine.

And you have to prove the position to the court. For example in the case of illness a medical certificate is needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks a lot for your time. It is good to know this in case is necessary.

You're welcome.