JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Is possible to introduce a witness 23 days before the Proof

Is possible to introduce a witness 23 days before the Proof Hearing?
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Thank you for your question.

Witness lists have to be intimated not later than 8 weeks before the proof. However the court has a discretion to allow a witness at a later stage.

It sounds to me that it is your lawyer who is unwilling to call the witness rather than there being any issue with the court. You should discuss this with your solicitor and Counsel if appropriate.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fran-mod,

Thank you for your explanation. I will try with my solicitor. It is good to know there is a open door some where.

Lydia

You're welcome.
JGM, Solicitor
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.