JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I have planning permission to build a new house which also

I have planning permission to build a new house which also includes permission to locate a "temporary static caravan" on the site during the build. The permission states that the static caravan must be removed prior to accommodation of the new house. My question relates to the maximum size that the temporary unit can be. I have seen elsewhere on this site someone asking about the legal dimensions of a "mobile home" and I want to know if the term "static caravan" would be treated as the same thing legally and therefore the maximum dimensions be the same at 60 feet long, 20 feet wide and 10 feet high.
Thank you for your question.

A static caravan is regulated to the dimensions you narrate by statute. Here is the link to the legislation:

However the length and width dimensions were extended to about 66 feet by 22 feet some time ago. The legislation website hasn't been updated yet.

Here is the link to the amending legislation:

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.